Header Image


Why You Need Insurance When You Rent In France.

If anything happens to you, or you cause damage at the house you have rented, you are not covered by the home-owner's insurance. This can range from accidentally breaking furniture to burning the house down!

The condition of renting in France is that you have third party/personal liability insurance to cover this possibility. The French name of this is "Assurance Villegiature".

The owner's insurance covers things like damage caused by river flooding or faulty wiring, but not any accidental damage caused by you as a renter.

If you are a French resident this is no problem as your home insurance covers you when you rent in France. But if you are not a French resident you need adequate personal liability insurance to rent a house. The rental contract you sign will ask for this.

You may have this insurance as part of your existing travel insurance. If so, it is probably referred to as "Personal Liability Insurance".

No details about the house are needed, the cost of the policy is simply a set percentage of the total rental rate you are paying. You just need to know the rental rate and the postcode of the nearest village or town to the house. The post code for Menerbes is 84560.


Guest Comments
Last summer my friends and I stayed at this lovely house in Menerbes. It was more than we expected! The house, the village, the region was pure Provence. The decor was airy, fresh and inviting. It ... — Brenda, 23 Dec 2018
Read more comments >>
Current Weather
Current Weather
Partly cloudy